Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ultimate sacrifice by dad

Read this article about how a dad saved his son and wife but ended up losing his life instead -> http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,118349,00.html?

Felt really touched, especially when reading the last paragraph about the reactions of the kids.

It is often difficult for a father to express his love and affections, and usually it is rather through actions than through words. It was the same with my dad, and I guess it will be the same with me. I might be able to say it now to Jarren since he is just a baby but I expect to be less open about my affections when he grows up...

I would want to have the courage to do the same should a similar circumstance happen but often this is decided at the spur of the moment and not something you can rationalize and predict before that.

And that's why I hate to answer those hypothetical questions that my other half like to ask.

No comments: