Friday, November 17, 2006

Daddy's life

As another weekend comes by, can't help but think about the changes that my life has gone through after the arrival of Jarren.

Have not joined my soccer kakis for months now. That's really contributed to my waistline.
Going for some jogging now but it's really easier to gain than to lose weight when you are middle age.

Have not installed any new computer games as well.
Instead my computer time has been concentrated on editing my baby's videos, besides the usual "housekeeping" stuff. Even my blog is mainly on my baby.

I can personally vouch that life after your first child can never be expected to be the same.
Your whole world seems to revolve around him.

Free time ? The only free time is when he is asleep or when my mother in law is around to help out.

My wife and I have divided our roles clearly. I am in charge of "entertainment" while she takes care of food and maintenance (housework...)
Not the most efficient division of labour but I'm comfortable with it.

Calin seems to feel that this makes Baby closer to me but I guess it's only fair since Jarren has been closer to her for the first 9 months of his life :-)

No comments: