Sunday, November 12, 2006

Blogging - why ?

This question popped into my mind when a friend of mine remarked that I will be the last person he imagined to do a blog.

Thinking back at his remarks, I do have to agree as well. I tend to be rather reserved, especially with regards to personal feelings. I'm not the type that will spill all my inner feelings, even when it is to close families and friends.

If you ask me why, I'll also find it hard to justify. It could be my inner belief that men needs to keep their feelings bottled up. Ok, so maybe this sounds too MCP, but we all have our own guidelines on what to do and what not to do.

I have found it uncomfortable to bare my inner thoughts to others, preferring to keep them hidden and to be explored alone, in my own privacy. This is how I deal with grief for example. And also anger. Friends and colleagues often say they don't see me getting angry but now you know why ;-)

I have to also agree that this might not be the best option but some things are just impossible to change.

Maybe this blog will be a step in the right direction...
But then again, even this post feels awkward at times. But what the heck, will post it anyway since I have already written it :-)

No comments: