Sunday, November 12, 2006

Baby Laughter

One good thing about Jarren is that he loves to laugh. I think he stared laughing since 2-3 months. Some say this is just reflex action but he usually laughs when you play with him so I don't think so.

When he laughs, you tend to forget the difficult times. Here's a video I took of him just yesterday, laughing along with his mummy. Actually he was already do this for about a minute before I rushed to get my videocam.



Thinking back, he's becoming much easier to handle nowadays, compared to the first 1-3 months. Back then, he used to get cholic sometimes and that was really hell. I remember the first times it happened, we were totally freaked out. He would cry non-stop for up to one hour. Nothing you do could relieve his pain and we felt helpless.

I once rushed to get my mother-in-law to help (after midnight...) and on one occassion, we even sent him to KK hospital in the middle of the night. By the time we reached the A&E, he was happily sleeping away. To top that, he got hungry while we waited for the doctor and we were feeding him halfway when the queue reached us.

The dcotor did a quick check and found nothing wrong. But that's expected since Jarren was already fed and these cholic "attacks" last only for a period of time. We later learnt that cholic could be relieved by rocking actions and maybe the car trip to the hospital did the trick as well.

Anyway, am glad that all those have past. Just hope to see more happy days ahead :-)

No comments: