Thursday, October 19, 2006

Close Shave with Time-Share

Hmm, was wondering exactly what to post on my blog and coincidentally, something cropped up. Another one of those time-share scam and thankfully, I did not get tricked. This, after I managed to search the internet and find a posting on crimeshare.com. More searches on the web also revealed that OT travel is actually Oriental Travels, a blacklisted time share company.

Here's definite proof that the internet is a life-saver at times. It keeps communication open so that we know about crooks like this.

I posted a message on crimeshare but not sure when it will appear there.
Reproduce it here:

"THanks to MeMM, I saved myself from a wasted trip down to Shaw House in Orchard. Similar to his/her description, I received a phone call from 68874995. Said the same crap and asked me to attend a presentation on Oct 21, 12:30pm. I kept asking if they were timeshare company but they keep insisting no, claiming it is some travel sale. I asked for their sponsor and they dared to say O.T. Travel. Did a check on internet and they are already blacklisted (aka oriental travel). When they called back to confirm their attendance, I righteous pointed out that I have found out about their scam from internet. This senior manager then took over and sound indignant, asking where I got the information from. I quoted "crimeshare" and hopefully they will learn now that they already have a stinking reputation online. And hopefully stop trying to pull the same trick again.

Well, but they did make me happy for a while thinking I really won a luncky draw. Guess there's no free lunch in this world (except 4D and Toto ;-))"

Here's the link to the post that saved me -> http://www.crimeshare.net/63.html

As a follow up, thought I will list the blacklisted Singapore companies here as well:
Emerald Network Consultancy
Emperor Resorts International
Event Plus
Global Sensation
Interval Resorts Network
Leisure Group Marketing (LGM)
LRD Consultants
Oriental Travel
Regency Leisure Development
Universal Privelege
World Resorts
Zealtz Corp Pty

If you receive phone call of any of these companies, just hang up on them.

No comments: